Pursuant to the provisions of the Owasso City Charter, governing the election of City Council members, “the Council shall take action by Resolution to call any necessary Ward Elections.” In 2021, such election is required for Ward 1 and Ward 2, each for a three-year term.
During their October 20, 2020 meeting, the City Council approved Resolution 2020-19, calling the election.
All registered voters residing within the Owasso City limits may vote in the election, regardless of the Council Ward in which they reside.
• The primary election will be held on Tuesday, February 9, 2021.
• Should one of the candidates not receive the majority of all votes cast for the particular ward, a general election will be held.
• The general election, if necessary, will be held on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
• Registered voters who reside within the ward are qualified to hold the office of City Council Member for that ward.
• Interested candidates must file a notarized Declaration of Candidacy form with the Tulsa County Election Board.
• The filing period will be December 7, 8, and 9, 2020, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
To look up the polling location for your voter registration, please visit the state election page.
For additional information on filing, contact the City Clerk's Office at (918) 376-1577.