Building Inspections & Permits
The Building Division in the Community Development Department provides permitting services and building inspections for construction activities within the City of Owasso. The Building Division issues permits and reviews plans for all residential and commercial construction projects.
Building Permit Reports
A monthly listing of permits issued for new single family and commercial construction projects.
Building Permit & Tap Fee Schedule
The fee schedule includes fees for zoning, annexation petitions, site plans and plats. Please note that our planning and development fees have changed as of January 1, 2018.
Permits issued by the Building Services Division include the following:
- Building Permits: for any structural construction, alteration, remodel or reconstruction, including new construction for residential, commercial, or industrial, including room additions, interior remodeling which involves structural modifications, reroofs, garages, carports, roofed patios, or any other accessory building.
- Swimming Pool Permits: for the installation of a swimming pool.
- Sign Permit: for the installation or modification of a sign.
- Banner Permit: for approval of temporary banners
- Electrical Permit: for the installation, alteration or replacement of any electrical wiring, electrical systems, electrical devices including, but not limited to, the installation or alteration of any wires or conductors for the transmission of electricity.
- Mechanical Permit: for the installation, alteration or replacement of any mechanical system, including but not limited to, ventilation and exhaust systems, duct systems, combustion air, chimneys and vents, certain appliances, fire places and solid fuel-burning equipment, boilers, water heaters and pressure vessels, refrigeration systems, hydronic piping, fuel gas piping and storage.
- Plumbing Permit: for the installation of any plumbing work, except repairs involving only the working parts of a faucet or valve, the clearance of a stoppage, repairing leaks, or replacement of defective faucets or valves provided no changes are made in the piping to the fixtures.
Application for Certificate of OccupancyNo business may be opened until the building inspector, fire marshal, and city planner have signed this application for certificate of occupancy and returned a signed copy to the applicant.
Please submit the completed form to:
Building Inspector: Brian Dempster at firstname.lastname@example.org - 918.376.1544
Fire Marshal: Johnny Petersen at email@example.com - 918.272.4920
City Planner: Karl Fritschen at firstname.lastname@example.org - 918.376.1545.
Before beginning any work, it is always best to check with the Building Services Division at 918.376.1544 or via email to see if a permit is required for the project you have in mind.
Construction codes adopted by the City of Owasso include:
- International Building Code, 2015
- International Plumbing Code, 2015
- International Mechanical Code, 2015
- NEC Electric Code, 2014
- International Fire Code, 2015
- International Residential Building Code for One-and Two-Family Dwellings, 2009