Police Officer Qualifications & Expectations
- Education, training and experience are required
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Essential job functions
- Complete list
- Apply for a general online application for employment with the City of Owasso.
- Recruitment Brochure is available in the PDF format.
Reserve Officer Information
Reserve Officers must be 21 years old, hold a current Oklahoma driver's license, be free of any felony criminal convictions and have 30 accredited college hours. Requirements for a Reserve Officer are 12 hours a month (minimum). These qualifications are required in addition to the state reserve requirements.
Reserve Officer Selection Process Testing dates to be announced.
Upon receipt of the application, applicants will receive an “Authority for Release of Information” to be completed and returned authorizing a background check. Applicants passing the initial background check will be notified of the testing time and location.
- You may apply online.
- For questions regarding the application process, contact Human Resources at 918-376-1538.
- For questions regarding the reserve officer program, contact Lt. Randy Brock at 918-272-2244 or by email.